A research thesis will represent substantial scholarly effort, and will reveal your scholastic, intellectual and personal capabilities.
A successful thesis will usually contain the following elements:
- A clear statement introducing your topic and providing a brief guide to the organization of your thesis.
- Review of related work which places your issue in context and provides criteria for judging the originality of your project.
- Review of your techniques and any specialized terminology, making your thesis more accessible to other readers and clarifying your understanding of the material.
- Thorough presentation of your research- should be described completely, clearly identifying original results by stressing differences with previous related work.
- Discussion of results and a critique of the impact on your field.
- Summary of what was original and significant in your thesis, and suggestions for further research.