- University Honors Program
- Honors in the Major Program
- Earning the Honors Medallion
- Certificates with Honors
- Student Organizations
- Scholarships and Awards
- Current Student News
- Alumni Connection
- Contact Information
To be retained in the Honors Program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain at least a 3.20 cumulative FSU GPA
- Enroll in and pass the University Honors Colloquium (see below) during their first year in the University Honors Program
- Complete four (4) honors credits by the end of the spring semester of their 2nd year
- Complete seven (7) honors credits by the end of the spring semester of their 3rd year
- Complete at least 10 service hours the first year, as noted on the student's ServScript, and at least 20 service hours anytime during the first two years. The 20 hours of service will count toward service points for the Honors Medallion.
It is recommended that you take at least one Honors course each semester if you wish to earn the Honors Medallion. Go to http://honors.fsu.edu/courses.html for information on types of honors courses, and to http://honors.fsu.edu/honors_medallion.html for related information on earning the Honors Medallion.
University Honors Colloquium.The University Honors Colloquium is a one (1) semester hour weekly forum that meets in the fall or spring semester. It features lectures by distinguished University faculty from across the scholarly and creative arts spectrum, as well as informative presentations from directors of academic programs that will be of interest to Honors students. The Colloquium provides a common intellectual experience for new Honors students and also introduces students to the culture and opportunities of a modern research university.