Forms for Honor Students

This page provides a general list of all the forms Honor students might need to one day fill out. Each title is a hyperlink to the respective form. If you need to use one of the forms, please print it out, complete the form, and return it to the Honors Program office in the Honors, Scholars, and Fellows house.

Graduate Course Proposal for Honors Credit:  Honors students may elect to take graduate classes for up to six (6) credit hours that can count toward the Honors Medallion. Graduate courses that are basic competency/review classes (e.g. a language-reading course) are excluded. The course must be taken for a grade; P/F and S/U courses will not count. To insure the graduate course will count toward honors credit

Graduation Medallion Audit Form: If you are an Honors student and intend to graduate with Honors recognition, this form must be completed and turned in by the end of February.

Individual Honors-Augmented Contract: The Individual Honors-Augmented Course Contract gives honor students additional opportunities to enrich course requirements in their majors and earn honors credits towards the Honors Medallion. Honor students may earn up to eight (8) individual honors-augmented credit hours in 2000-4000 level, non-honors courses in their major or minor by contracting with faculty to complete additional work in the courses. To earn individual honors-augmented credit, the honor student and faculty member must complete a contract within the first two weeks of the semester.

Honors Directed Individual Study: Honors students may earn credit hours by registering to work with individual faculty. To learn more about this opportunity click on the following link: What is a DIS?

Honors in the Major

  1. Application
  2. Prospectus Approval Form
  3. Defense Announcement
  4. Defense Certificate
  5. Embargo Request Form (only if necessary)
  6. Appeal Form (only if necessary)