Students in the Honors and Honors in the Major Programs qualify for certain awards offered by the FSU Honors Program. This page provides a short description of each of the awards and who is able to apply to each respective award. In addition, students are encouraged to apply for funding and awards in their major departments, other offices at FSU, and from national and international organizations.
The applications for all the awards and scholarships offered by the FSU Honors Program can be found after logging in to the Honors Awards and Scholarship Application Page.
Honors students or Honors in the Major students may apply for:
- Bess H. Ward Honors Travel Grant: Only students who are participating in programs coordinated by FSU International Program and International Exchange Program are eligible to receive this Scholarship. These Scholarships are a one-time only award and are to be used to defray the expenses incurred during one semester (fall, spring, or summer) of international study. Students must take at least the minimum number of credit hours required by FSU International Programs or International Exchange Program.
- Honors Conference Attendance Award: This award is partial support to attend a professional conference. Each award amount will be based, in part, on the expense summary submitted with the application. Award amounts are up to $250. Each student is eligible for a single, one-time Conference Attendance Award, which may not be given in conjunction with a Conference Presenter Award. Applications are reviewed as they are received and will be considered on a rolling basis pending availability of funds.
- Honors Conference Presenter Award: This award is partial support for students who will be presenting their research at a professional conference. Each award amount will be based, in part, on the expense summary submitted with the application. Award amounts are up to $500. Each student is eligible for a single, one-time Conference Presenter Award, which may not be given in conjunction with a Conference Attendance Award. Applications are reviewed as they are received and will be considered on a rolling basis pending availability of funds.
Honors in the Major students may also apply for:
- Bess H. Ward Honors Thesis Award: This award is offered each fall and spring semester, and can provide up to $750 to support research or creativity leading to an Honors Thesis that will be completed as part of the Honors in the Major Program. Recipients must have a minimum FSU GPA of 3.20 and be actively working on an Honors in the Major thesis.
- Kingsbury Undergraduate Writing Award: This award is offered annually to a student who demonstrated excellence in the writing of an undergraduate honors thesis. Students are nominated by a faculty member (traditionally a thesis director or member of the faculty committee for their project) and must submit a draft of their thesis to be considered for the award.