To remain in good standing, University Honors students:
- Maintain a 3.2 FSU GPA throughout the duration of their time to degree.*
- Take and pass Honors Colloquium (HUM 2944) during the student's first semester in University Honors.*
- Earn a C- or higher in an Honors Signature Course during their first academic year in University Honors.
- Complete at least 7 honors credit hours by the end of their first year.
- Complete at least 10 honors credit hours by the end of their second year.
*to remain in good standing with Honors, these must be completed
To be recognized as a University Honors graduate, students must complete the online Honors Graduation Application by the designated date during their graduation semester.
The deadline to submit the Honors Graduation Application for Fall 2022 graduates is Thursday, November 10, 2022 at 4:00 pm (EST).
Students who successfully complete University Honors earn the transcript distinction, "Completed Requirements of Liberal Studies Honors Program", and earn an honors medallion. To complete program requirements, students must earn 18 honors points and have a final 3.2 GPA upon graduation. At least 13 of the honors points must be earned through honors course work and up to 5 points may be earned from other achievements. A student who finishes both the University Honors Program and the Honors in the Major Program earns special recognition and has both distinctions noted on their transcript.
Honors Coursework (Minimum of 13 credit hours)
The 18 honors points must include a minimum of 13 credit hours of honors course work earned through honors courses, the Honors Colloquium Course, Honors-Augmented or Individual Honors-Augmented Courses, Honors Directed Individual Study (DIS) Courses, graduate classes, or Honors in the Major thesis work. Read more about honors course options by clicking here.
Achievements* (Maximum of 5 Honors Points)
Any other remaining honors points needed to reach the 18 Honors points total may be earned through any combination of achievements listed below.
Each of the following achievements earns 1 honors point:
- 30 hours of service as noted on a student's ServScript** (See important update below on service hours.)
- Serving as a FIG (Freshman Interest Group) Leader
- Serving as a UROP (Undergrad Research Opportunity) Leader
- Serving as an Honors Colloquium Leader
- Serving as Chart Your Course Peer Navigator, CARE T.E.A.M. Leader, or First Year Connections & Success Leader
- Completing the UROP Program
- Presenting at a regional, state, or national conference
*An achievement may be duplicated for additional points.
**Important: All service hours must be completed and submitted in ServScript by the end of the semester prior to the graduation semester. For example, if you will graduate in the spring, your hours must be completed and submitted in ServScript by the end of the fall semester.
Each of the following achievements earns 3 honors points:
- Completing the Garnet and Gold Scholar Society program with Research as an engagement area
- Completing a Certificate Program or Specialized Study Program with Honors