APPLYING TO THE HONORS LEGAL SCHOLARS (HLS) PROGRAM
The Florida State University College of Law has joined forces with the Honors Program to create a professional-track program available, on a highly competitive basis, to a small number of motivated Honors students. Both incoming first-year students and current Honors students may apply. Honors Legal Scholars benefit from becoming a part of the College of Law community while earning their bachelor's degrees.
Honors Legal Scholars gain experience and knowledge through educational activities as well as social gatherings and can take advantage of the following:
- Pre-professional advising
- Access to law school professors, law students, and alumni
- Opportunities to tour the College of Law and to observe a law class
- Access to special law school events and lectures
AUTOMATIC ADMISSIONS TO THE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW
Students in the Honors Legal Scholar program can become eligible for automatic admission to the Florida State University College of Law if they meet certain criteria. To qualify, they must submit a complete Florida State University College of Law application by the Priority Deadline during the application cycle to which they desire to matriculate AND meet the criteria outlined in the Honors Legal Scholars Handbook published the year they are accepted into the Honors Legal Scholars program.
To apply to this competitive program, students must either be admitted as freshmen to both Florida State University and the University Honors Program OR be currently enrolled University Honors students in good standing.
Students Seeking Freshman Admission to the Honors Legal Scholars Program:
Interested students must receive:
- First-time in college freshman admission to Florida State University AND
- An invitation to the University Honors Program
Current Honors Students:
- Current University Honors students may apply for admission to the Honors Legal Scholars program if they have at least one more year of undergraduate coursework remaining.
For more information, contact the Honors Program Office by email or call 850-644-1841.
The 2024 Honors Legal Scholars application is open and will close on March 15, 2024. Applicants will be informed of their Honors Legal Scholars application decision by June 1, 2024.
RESOURCES AND APPLICATION